Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shape Up the Coast 2012

Remember that competition I mentioned briefly in an earlier post? The post about how crazy our schedule was mostly due to Emme's and myself extra curricular activities??

Well, looks like it literally paid off.

Yep. That just happened, baby!

I posted this picture on my Facebook and received amazing feedback and encouragement from my dear friends and family and it was very humbling.

The competition started out with 98 participants. The final weigh in was this past Monday night and to my surprise maybe 60 people showed up for the final weigh in. I was in no way thinking I would be the winner. Maybe 3rd or 4th but I basically had written off any chances of winning. Especially because the last week leading up the final weigh in, Charlee, Emme, and myself were sicker than dogs and couldn't move out of bed let alone go to the gym.
So ya, this actually was a big surprise.
AND my good friend at the gym placed second! She won a makeover :)

I did, however work my tooshie off the other 5 weeks since it started.

With that said, I owe the motivation to a few people.

Pandora Radio- Black Eye Peas to be exact.
My girls- I want to chase them around until THEY are out of breath.
Eric- for telling me daily how proud of me he was.
Holly- for being my 2000 mile away workout buddy.
A few close friends who told me how great I was looking.

And lastly, myself, dang it!
I love the way skinny, healthy me feels. Simple as that.

What am I going to spend that money on you ask?
A new wardrobe when I reach my final goal.
(hopefully by mid-April)
Plane ticket to Holly's wedding
and a gorgeous Matron of Honor dress.
Oh, and some new socks. Mine are getting gross.


No comments:

Post a Comment