Friday, June 18, 2010

July anyone??

So far June has been a pretty rough month. Nothing drastically wrong, just lots of little things that have been draining away my positivity, leaving me feeling tired, drab and sad. To name just a couple... We're onto our third week with a sick kid. Mom is on her second. Emmers is actually feeling well at the moment but still coughing so we've been trying to come up with activities both Mom and Toddler can handle. Eric is due home in just 10 more days! I am ready to clock out and take a big nap when he gets in (right after a biiig hug and kiss from his girls). We have missed our buddy, haven't we Emme? I was challenged about my attitude today though, truly I have so much to be grateful for and so little to complain about. Wallowing isn't particularly fun and I'm ready to change tack and focus on the good stuff.
So, here's what's made me smile this afternoon:



Some comfort items..

E. Enjoying some peanut butter crakers and milk.


Mom enjoying some hot hot tea with the ac turned down to 72 degrees... Bliss..


Anyway, please July, do not hesitate to show up sooner than later. For you, I have been waiting for all Summer. You are my happy thought for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment