Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Birthday



My life changed forever 3 years ago.

I was given the miraculous gift of being a Mother.

I was entrusted with being a parent to this little girl.

Although, "little" does not describe anything other than her stature.

Her remarkable spirit, has always been bigger than her limited body.

Her gratefulness for things, expressed through sweet her demeanor, giant hugs and ear to ear grins, make you feel like one proud Mom and sometimes, even a perfect Mom.

Her belly laughs, silly jokes, dancing, and singing still stop me in my tracks. I am her biggest fan. She captivates me.

She is a better sister than I prayed for her to be.

She includes only a select few people in her prayers every night. Charlee is generally always the first to be prayed for.

She gives me something new to think about daily, even when sometimes I don't particularly feel like learning that day. I am most thankful for those "pop quiz" lessons. It makes me a better Mom. I become a better person. Many times I have failed, and pray for a new day to bring a "do-over" so I can have another chance to get it right and do better. Admiringly, she is also a very forgiving person.

She is, beyond argument, beautifully gifted in every.single.way

And she is only 3.

My sweet little Emme blesses us all more than words can say. I feel so deeply honored that God has entrusted our family with a child as exceptional as her.

I love you, Emmelyn Deborah. With all of me. I do.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment