Friday, December 16, 2011

Memory preservation

I would never forgive myself if I didn't write this down.


Let me start off with some history:

Emme has wowed me with how wonderfully she has taken on the "Big Sister" role.
She is a natural and is always looking for ways to help Mama with her Sissy.

Then there is Charlee.
What an exceptional little baby.
She is SUCH a joy to have in this family.
She happily "goes with the flow" and is so content.
On crazy days, where it seems everything is happening at once, she doesn't mind just relaxing and chilling in the bouncer watching Mama run around like crazy. I guess it may be entertaining to her, who knows : ) Sometimes she hasn't been held longer than I would like, but she seems not to mind. Which absolutely blows me away.

Although, there is something that she does not like. Driving in the car at night.
If she is wide awake, she usually is pretty fussy on that drive. And the only cure is pulling into the garage. But there is another way.

Emme will use her sweet little voice and sing to her. I get such pleasure singing to my babies. It is something that is so special to me. So to have my oldest know the importance and the power of song, does my heart good.

Emme's favorite song to sing is " I am a child of God".
It is the sweetest thing to hear her try to console Charlee while she is being fussy in her car seat.


And I thought that was the sweetest thing she has done.

So something happened the other afternoon.
Something that I never ever ever ever want to forget.
Times when they are fighting and bickering, I will bring this story up to try and show them the sister love they "once" had.

I had just put Emme down for her afternoon nap.
About half and hour into her snoozing away, I attempted to rock Charlee to sleep.
She wasn't having it and started to be fussy.
Fussy turned into some pretty heavy crying.

Just at that moment of consoling the crying, I heard the most beautiful thing ever.
Emme started to sing "I am a child of God" from in her room.
She sang 2 verses and in that time, we were able to get Charlee to stop and fall asleep.
Emme finished her beautiful song, then it was silent.
She went back to sleep for the rest of the 2 hours.

Something about that touched me to the core.
It was the purest act of concern I have ever witnessed Emme do.

She woke up, sang to her Sister from in her room, then went back to sleep after the crying stopped.

What a sweet spirit she has.
What an awesome child I was given.

2 comments:

  1. Thats amazing, shes so sweet!!! <3 Shows what a great mother you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jer! Boy, somedays I sure don't feel like it so it's nice to have moments like those :)

    ReplyDelete