Thursday, May 24, 2012

Let's celebrate! We did it.



Remember this night, baby?

Of course you do. 
How could you forget the night we said goodbye and sent you off to find adulthood?
 The night we sent you off to report for basic training.


I remember you called me just hours after we left you at that hotel room, alone. Just you and your thoughts. 
"What was I thinking, Liz?"
.....
"I hope I made the right decision."
It hit you. It happened so fast. 

You joined the United States Air Force 
You were scared, I was scared. 
Rightfully so. You were 18. I was 16.
NO idea what the future held for us, let alone our relationship.

***
God is GREAT. 
You know why?

This:


 Fast forward 9 years later from that night and you will get..
7 years of marriage
2 AMAZING babies
3 assignments 
6 homes
2 deployments
100+ fights, forgiving, and lonely nights.

We have made some pretty amazing history together. 

It ALL lead to this day*.
This WELL EARNED DAY*.

The day* we have been talking about since those first moments in our Pantano apartment; looking for spare change in your car so we could go bowling.
Dreaming of the day* that we wouldn't worry about money anymore. 
You were a young, brand new Airman with dreams and goals from the VERY beginning. 
All those dreams were about just one day*. 

If I could hug that brave young man in that lonely hotel room and tell him one thing, it would be:

"It'll all be worth it some day*"

I am honored to have you as my Husband.
I am grateful the girls have such a loving, silly, Daddy.
I am THANKFUL we have stayed together through some pretty rough make it or break it moments to make it to this day*

We made it, baby! 

Time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of our lives and add a few numbers to the list above! 


*Officer Training School Board Select

No comments:

Post a Comment