Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Alive and very well

We made it to beautiful Arizona!

The girls and I are settled in and slowly beginning to figure out a routine.
I signed us all up for things to keep us busy that are indoor so we can make it through this last month of Summer. 
Em's is taking Swimming, Ballet, and Gymnastics 
I am staying busy at the gym,
and sweet Charlee is busy growing up!

It's been 2.5 weeks since we had to let Eric go back home to Biloxi to finish out processing and now the time has come! He is starting his Officer training class on Tuesday! 
The movers are at the house packing as I type, so things are fast approaching.

We miss him so much already and we are not looking forward to the separation ahead, but at the end of the day, I have to remind myself it's all for good.

E is having a difficult time... to say the least. Lots of frustrated crying, tantrums, and nasty attitude.
She loves Grandma, Papa, and Uncle Doe, but she is very confused and sad about not seeing her Daddy. Skype is a life savor and any time she feels sad about her dad, She can call him up to say hi. Now, once OTS starts, it a whole other ball game. We wont be able to talk with him the first week or so, and after that, he will be limited to the amount of calls he will be able to have. 
I explain to her about the amount of time that Daddy will be gone, but a 3 year old can only comprehend so much. She has yesterday, today, and tomorrow down, but nothing after that. I just have to tell her it'll be "a long time" until Daddy comes home. 

I did run across a cool trick that fellow military wives have done to help kids visualize the days and it's called a "deployment chain"



She doesn't get the idea yet, but every morning, I take a link off and explain to her what it means.
I can see the wheels turning, but I know if she truly grasped what it meant, she would be very upset. 

I am overwhelmed with the role Eric's family has taken on. They have really stepped up and been there for me and the girls. His mom and dad have a lot going on in their own lives, but we would never know. We love and appreciate them for the selflessness they give on a daily basis.

Now that we are so close to family and finally feeling home after 7 years (Texas and Mississippi didn't cut it for us), it's wonderful! I know we'll only be here for a short amount of time, but in comparison to the 2 weeks out of the year we usually spend, it's a world of difference. I am really enjoying myself here. 

I am looking forward to the adventures Arizona offers and the sweet family time we get to cherish for the next 4 months. 


1 comment:

  1. You are doing amazing! Every moment that is hard makes the sweet ones better! We love you!

    ReplyDelete