Saturday, October 3, 2009

Home again!

Wowzers!


After 6 long weeks with a 8 month old, we are finally home. Don't get me wrong- it was totally worth seeing all the family so no one get their feelings hurt, mmk?


I missed my bed so so much. It was as amazing as i remembered it!


Since the last blog Emme has whizzed through her 8th month of age. She is now 9 months old! Crazy girl. Let's start out with what new with her....


* Crawls all over the place now!! (At first she did this 3 leg crawl/scoot thing for like 3 weeks so we never thought she was going to! =))


* Says "Na-Na" when she wants food or is excited for it. (I swear the girl eats a banana a day so i wouldn't be surprised if that's what she is going to call all food.)


* Has 4 teeth and is working on the 5th! ( boy that was fun..)


* Is still around 15 lbs and in size 3-6 month clothing. She is getting too long for some of them though.


* Loves having Aunt Holly around to play with. Holly is my older sister who is joining us for 6 weeks until Eric comes comes! She is a big help to me and Emmers adores her.


* Still a big Mommy's girl though. I eat it up!! =)


* She pulls herself up to furniture and stand supported by it... walking along furniture is coming soon i feel it!


* Thinks Ace is the funniest thing around! He'll just walk by her and she'll belly laugh, it's too cute. I'll try to get Ace to do it again and he just thinks he's in trouble or something. He gets very confused. Poor doggy.


* Speaking of Ace, Emme plays in his water dish all the time. She is starting to grasp the "NO" concept but it's def a work in progress. I JUST got a mobile baby on my hands for Pete's dragon! =)


* Officially baby-proofed the house! All the electric sockets are plugged along with the cabinets being locked. She has a good safe playing area in the house.


* She has outgrown her duck bath so it officially in the tub a la carte (with a no-slip mat of course). She tried it out last night for the first time and Mommy got a little emotional due to the fact my little Emmers is growing up!


* She still sleeps through the night and takes her naps during the day. Thank the lord, i sure did miss my sleep and i still remind myself how good i have it now compared to just a couple months ago. She really is getting easier by the day. And no, I'm not naive- i know the 2's are just around the corner- I'm just being optimistic.


* She is now being formula fed/breastfed. After a lot of tears and struggle with this decision.. Emme was solely the decision maker on this one. She let mama know she doesn't like to nurse anymore. It really broke my heart but she was going through this thing were EVERYTHING else interested her more than nursing. Come to find out she never grew out of it. She just wasn't getting enough milk.. so now were on 4 feedings a day. Morning/Night feedings she seems to get a lot of milk from me so I'm keeping those! =) Then afternoon feedings are now formula (which she loves! *insert dagger here <3*).>

* She is eating constantly and is always interested in what mommy is eating. Its all healthy crap so I'm sure shell become disinterested in no time!

* .... Trying to see if i left anything out... and yes, i type/think out loud....NOPE that's all that comes to mind!



To sum up the 6 week adventure- it was good to see family and hang out with my siblings. After the Boise trip we flew straight to phoenix to spend the week with Eric's fam before we headed home to Texas. It was awesome to show them the new things and quirks that Emme loves to show off. Last time they saw her was when she was 3 1/2 months old. On both sides!


Also to report while i was gone, my brother Doug and his wife Nicole welcomed their first baby Claire Nicole Turner born August 10th, 2009 at 7:34 pm weighing 9lbs. 10 oz and 23 in long!

And goodness sakes that was all natural!! It was a beautiful home birth that consisted of the Father, Nicole's parents, and the Mid-wives! What a blessing she is! Gorgeous little girl.
I am sad to report though that after i developed the pictures i did not save them on the computer so i have none to upload! I will, however, have plenty more to post in the near future- i promise! Until then- take care everyone. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment