Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Maiden name is Turner after all...


Emme- Food baby Mama- 29 weeks

30 weeks 3 day US


Went in for another US today to check baby's growth.
Very happy to say everything checked out great.
She is measuring right on track at 3 1/2 lbs
I took blood tests a couple weeks ago and those came back great, too!

My Dr. saw though that baby DID decided to turn and she is now breech, just like her big sister liked it. This means one thing, it is almost certain (due to my uterus shape, circumstance, etc.) that she will not go head down and ultimately, I will have to have a repeat C-Section.
I did very much want to try a VBAC this go around, so the news wasn't the best to hear at the moment. I am grateful though that I am not too down about it. As long as I get a healthy child out of this ordeal, I am truly blessed.
Plus there are perks to this.
When I go in for my next US I'll be around 35 weeks and if she is still breech, then my Dr. and I will schedule my surgery for when I turn 38 or 39 weeks. My water broke with Emme when I was 37 weeks so I'm thinking my Dr. will maybe make it closer to 38 weeks. Again, as long as baby is healthy AND cooked, I'm a happy Mama!
Another perk is I know what to expect. That is huge for me. Only thing is, this time around I will have a 2 year old ; )

I am definitely feeling very pregnant these days. On a scale of 1-10 I think I'm an 8 on how pregnant I feel.
Sleeping is a chore. I could list the many reasons why but I'm 7 months pregnant, I'm sure you can figure it out.
She is getting bigger which means stronger which leads to very strong kicks.
My C-section incision site is getting rocked! It is very tender and when she kicks, it's pretty painful. Since she is breech, guess where her feet are? : )

I have mixed feelings about how fast this pregnancy has been! We have lived in Biloxi for almost 7 months already!! So hard to believe.
Then again, I cannot WAIT to meet this baby. I am ready for her to join and bless our lives. Emme and Daddy are so excited, too.

Oh yeah, we have a name.



I'll let you wait it out a biiit longer, though.

;)


No comments:

Post a Comment