Monday, July 25, 2011

Ramblings and other things

- It's been a week since our new bedtime routine has started and I am so overjoyed to say- it. worked. She currently is back on a good toddler sleep schedule sleeping 7:30pm- 7am. She literally wakes up within 5 minutes of 7 am, too. She is still crying when it's time for naps but is out within 2 min. I am starting to reward her not just for sleeping in her room but if she goes to bed without crying, she will get a reward.

- Emme is still suffering from separation anxiety towards me. This includes me even leaving to use the restroom, she gets up and follows me. She doesn't like it when I leave a room period. It is getting a little better since we have started taking her more and more to the gym daycare and church nursery. She cries when I tell her Mommy isn't staying with her but every time I tell her the same thing. " I will be right back, Mommy will always come back for you". She usually settles down within minutes of drop off. I hate that she is feeling this way, I hope this doesn't last long.

- Now that one child is back to letting Mom sleep, the other one tagged in. Charlee is very much loving the position that she is in. I am dying. Whenever I have the fake braxton hicks contractions, her head pushes so hard against my lungs and ribs I have to massage her back down or else she takes my breath away. It is quite intense and I'm worried that since I am only 33 weeks how much room and how much more I can take. Emme was breech and her head pushed against my ribs but it didn't become uncomfortable until the last couple weeks. Charlee has been at it for weeks now and it wont get better unless she turns. Dr says I should try a rocking exercise to help coax her down town, but that was the only advice she had for breech babies. So here I am, down on all fours looking like a cat in heat rocking back and forth while trying to carry on a serious conversation with the Hubs. I look and feel ridiculous but if that small chance happens and she turns, then heck yes it would have been worth it.

- I've been feeling very weepy and bluesy lately. Nothing to be too concerned about, but some days I feel like being a stay home Mom is quite possibly the hardest job in the world. The worst are the Groundhog days. Another day another toddler. Wake up, force Emm to eat breakfast, watch cartoons while I clean up the same messes, blah freaking blah blah and so on. I hope that when baby comes I'll feel more of use and not have this worthless hum lurking in my head saying poison, mood killing things. I can't wait for the exciting new routine a baby brings. Basically, I am just ready to be out of this funk and be a full functioning, have my body and mind back, Mom.

- I am missing Family terribly and can't hardly wait for them to visit. Any and all visitors will be welcomed, so hurry up and get here! This waiting game for Charlee makes it that much more exciting bc I have family to see along with a brand new daughter.

- Emme has been saying THE most precious prayers lately. Dinner one usually goes like this:
"Heamely Father, thank you for dis daaaaaay. Thank you for Monkey Joes and purple Monkey. Thank you for TV. Thank you for Papa, Gma, Baby sisssy. (cue mom reminding her to bless food) Bess foooood, make us strong. Say dees tings name of jesus, aaaaaaaaaamen."
The bedtime prayer is pretty much verbatim, only we bless more family and friends, etc. She blesses monkey joes and purple monkey 2 times a day. What a blessed Monkey ; )

- I am stupidly, over the top excited that Shark Week is starting this Sunday! I look forward to this every year. Something about those things are so intriguing to me. Wish I could explain it better.... How bout this : The very thought of Shark Week starting soon is my happy moment for the night. Sad.

- Church has become the blessing I needed in my life. Some Sundays it feels like a chore to go, but at the end I am always SO grateful I went. I've seen a difference It's made to my family and I am so thankful for that. The friends I have made are the kinds I wish everyone to have in their lives. They are so true and genuine. They are always seeking to know what they can do for you, to make my life that much better. The most selfless bunch of Ladies I have met. I missed having those friends. I grew up with them and now I have them back. I love my church and I love this area!

- Lastly, it's been raining like crazy here the last week and It's put me in the best mood! I love rain. My friend said it best today-"If it's raining and It's still hotter than hot outside, I don't care, all I want to do is snuggle on the couch with a cup of hot coca". I couldn't agree more! Add some popcorn, a movie, and a little girl to snuggle with and I'm set!

Alright, I'm done.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment