Monday, October 17, 2011

On a more serious note

It was a big day for the Jaeger family yesterday.

After sacrament meeting, the Bishop and 2 other Men laid their hands on Eric's head and gave him the Melchizedek Priesthood through a Blessing.

Charlee and I were able to be there and listen to the very specific, beautiful blessing.


For those of you who would like to know more about the history and information on what exactly it is to be a worthy holder of the Melchizedek Priesthood, please click on the link below.




"All who hold the priesthood can use it to benefit others, regardless of their particular Church assignment or priesthood office. For example, in working with their families, men are authorized to carry out their patriarchal responsibilities, including blessing family members. In addition, they are authorized to heal the sick, seek personal knowledge, and give general help and comfort to those whom they contact."


It also was the next step needed to reach our goal of becoming an Eternal Family. Both Eric and I need to be worthy Church members in order to be sealed together and to our girls in the LDS Temple for all time and Eternity.


One of the steps to make this happen was that Eric needed to receive the Priesthood. So now we are that much closer!


The most important day our our lives will be when we are all sealed together in the Temple. That day is soon approaching! (Sometime early next year the Bishop says).


He also will be able to give little Charlee her Baby Blessing in Sacrament Meeting soon. This will be a very special time for our family and we are looking forward to it.


I am without words with how grateful I am that we, as a family, have grown in our Church and am so humbled with the fellowship we encounter from such wonderful Members each and every Sunday. We love our Bishop and we love our Church family.


I would like to bear testiment that I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that I belong to the true Church. I believe that the Gospel was restored on the earth by Joseph Smith through the gift and power of God. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. That through His atoning sacrifice, we can be prepared for His return in the second coming. I believe in Heavenly Fathers plan of Eternal Families and that after death, we can be together forever once again. I believe in the power of prayer and that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me.


I know that being sealed as a family will bring eternal blessings. I am so grateful to have a worthy Priesthood holder to bless our lives and our house. That my girls and I can turn to him in times of need and be blessed and healed. I love my Husband and my girls with all my heart and I love my Heavenly Father for giving them to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so happy for you. Having the priesthood in your home and believing in the power behind it will be such a blessing in your life. Thanks for sharing.

    April

    ReplyDelete