Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Goodbye my looooooove!

Okay but on a serious note, Eric left Tuesday morning to report for a second deployment. It's of course different this time around. Due to these facts... Last time i was working and pulled doubles at work almost every day, now my baby is my only job. Second, the first deployment was served 7 months in Iraq- Almost exactly two years ago. This tour will be in Afghanistan for 6 months. I, of course, wasn't thrilled to have learned that that is where he will be. Anyone who is caught up with the news knows Obama has relieved a lot of military from Iraq and sending more to Afghan. We dodged a bullet last November when Chad Nabinger, a fellow Airman in Erics squadron, volunteered to take his deployment spot so he could be present for the birth of his first baby, Emmelyn. So when we found out he would be deploying a few months ago, we still felt blessed and grateful for the opportunity to be here during a very important time. There was no complaining when we found out. It still didn't change the fact that my heart broke at that point. There is nothing in life i want more then to be with my family and watch my babies grow with both parents present. Unfortunately, we have chosen a career where that just isn't possible. So Lord give me strength to go through this tour with my head held high and the will to be happy for my little girls sake. Please be with Eric and keep him safe. I love and miss you my sweet Husband and Emme will miss you too, Daddy.


Please keep the Jaeger Family in your prayers.

Helping Daddy pack!

How'd she get in there???

1 comment: