Friday, April 15, 2011

I feel dumb now

Guess who is fast asleep in her big girl bed?

Yep- the same girl I thought would put up a fight for weeks.
It literally took her a day and a half to accept, then LOVE her new bed.

We have a pretty solid routine before bedtime, and like any kid- she craves structure.

We settle down with a bath (most days.. okay at least once a week) followed by brushing her teeth with a cool Dora electric toothbrush, then lotion her with some sweet smelling goodness.
We then put some PJ's on and read 1-23 books depending on how tired Mama or Daddy is that night. We say a family prayer, tuck her in with her "Mimi Mouse", and give her 2... yes, I said 2 binkis (she holds one in her hand and sucks on one at night) *sigh* speaking of which- that is next on the list of things to break..sometime soon...hopefully.
The last part is my favorite (second to her falling right to sleep of course)..
She says an understandable "I love you" right before we turn the lights off.

All of us dig this new nightly routine.

Eric and I then top of that good night with some shows on our good friend, DVR.

*Simple Wednesday night bliss


No comments:

Post a Comment