Monday, April 11, 2011

It has finally happened.

Emme has climbed out of her bed.

All she had to do was throw a leg over basically. That's how easy it was for her. That's how easy it could have been for months.

We have officially lived in Biloxi for 4 months now and her pack and play sleeping arrangement turned from temporary to "let's just wait until she can climb out".

It's exciting and scary at the same time. We have had her "big girl" room set up for her since we moved in and I couldn't wait for her to finally use it.

It's scary because she is honestly the.best.sleeper. she sleeps 12-13 hours straight at night with a solid 2 hour nap in the day.

Now that she has her "freedom" she can decide how long she sleeps now.

She falls to sleep right away after putting her down. When shes awake, she hollers out to Mama and I'm there withing a minute. I think that's a big reason why she never even tried to climb out the pack and play. She knew I was always coming to get her and she felt safe in her bed.

When she did climb out the other night, it was bc she was not happy she was in there.
We had the Bishop over and she was throwing a full blown f.i.t so after so many failed bribes and her not settling down, we put her in her bed and she went even more hysterical. About a min later we heard her door open and Eric and I looked at each other and knew from then on it was game over. The pack and play will be packed away.

She did so well her first time sleeping in her new bed. She took her normal 2 hour nap yesterday. But then.
But then last night/this morning was a different story.

2am I heard "Mama" close to my door so I jumped up knowing it was little missy not in her room. I found her half way down the unlit stairs. I picked her up heading right back to her room. That is, until I kissed her forehead. Scorching. Like how is she not having seizures kinda hot. Yesterday she had an on and off temp of 99 but nothing a little Tylenol didn't help. I ran downstairs with Emme on hip and found the ear thermometer and it was saying she had a 103 temp! I woke Eric up and had him run to Walmart to get Motrin and more Tylenol while I stripped her down to put in a cool bath. She loved it. Crazy girl. Only Emme would like a cold bath. This girl loves water I tell ya. She was shivering and chattering her teeth all while playing "fishes" with her toys just laughing away. I kept telling her she was in a pool not a bath and she liked that. Daddy made it home while I was toweling off the sicky. We gave her medicine and read about 10 books to her and she was thrilled. About 3:30am is when we tried to coax her back to her "big girl bed" and she wanted nothing to do with it. So I did it. I slept in the bed with her. Any other night I would have not but she still had a little bit of a temp and I didn't want to leave her alone. I said a prayer and started singing songs that she loved. At 4am her fever broke. Hallelujah. Now to get her back to sleep. After 4 trips back and forth between her room and mine, she finally fell asleep in my arms on her bed. I did the ol' hug and roll and got out of that room as quietly as I could manage. Success! She slept until 8 am. She woke up crying and I didn't blame her. You could tell she didn't know where the heck she was nor did she feel good so it wasn't a good mix. She has already spent an hour on the stairs just sobbing wanting nothing to do with food or Mama. I let her cry it out and turned on Dora to bribe her down the rest of the stairs. Half an episode in she is now lying on the floor eating a protein bar with some milk.

Her fever is gone (for now) but I know I have a full day ahead of me.

All in all-

A sick child + trying to transition so child into a new bed = disaster.

She has made her way up to the couch and is attempting to snuggle so I should end it on that sweet note.

No comments:

Post a Comment