Friday, April 29, 2011

Calling baby a "She"

To continue and add to the last post, yes, we are having a girl!!

Emmers now says "Hi Sissy!" instead of "Hi Baby"



We found out very early yesterday morning. We had a very good Doctor do the ultrasound and she was very accommodating to my many questions.

She said everything expecting parents want to hear and more.

Beautiful heartbeat.
Beautiful growth that is right on track.
NO calcium deposits on the heart (we had that scare with Emme).
Placenta is nice and high in the womb.
HEAD IS DOWN
ALL AROUND HEALTHY AND BEAUTIFUL BABY

That last couple are pretty important if I want to proceed with a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean)
You'll see me refer to that term a bunch as I am still on the fence if I'm going to do it.
I want to, don't get me wrong. I don't wish that kind of surgery on ANYONE, let alone a new Mom who never so much has even had a freakin IV in her life.
I still have to have the important sit down discussion with my Dr and weigh the pros and cons about it. I have done hours of research online myself about it, but a drs advice and my own intuition gets the final say.

Eric filmed the U/S and got the reaction of all of us finding out baby is a "She".
I had severe mixed emotions and my heart was beating so so fast.
I have said from day one that I was so excited either way with the gender.

As the Dr told us baby was definitely a she by showing us those 3 distinctive lines, so many racing thoughts ran in this order:

" :( it's not a boy"
"good. they are scary"
"but I kinda thought I wanted a boy"
"are you sure you did Liz??"
"yeah, but girls are so precious"
"She was meant for us"
"oh my goodness, I'm having another girl"
"I am so excited Emme gets a Sister!"
"sisters"
"best friends"
"fighting"
"best friends again"
" They are going to watch out for each other"


"Wow. What a blessing to have another Girl"

This all took place is a split second it seemed.
The dr finished what she needed to do and wrapped up the U/S rather fast.
She left the room.
Eric and I laughed then hugged then cried.
Happy tears of course.

We we're beaming on the ride home and kept asking Emme the same question
"Do you love your baby Sister??"
I think we just liked her "Yeeeah" response and the sound of the phrase most.

So here we have it! Our little girl is due is 19 weeks and we couldn't be more elated to have her in our lives and have her complete the Jaeger family.



Now for a name....




No comments:

Post a Comment