Thursday, May 5, 2011

Trip to Utah

What a beautiful vacation I had.
Eric and I came up with a plan a couple months back and we made it work!

The plan was, Eric stay home with Emme for a few days while I fly to Utah to spend time with some family. It turned out to be a win win for both of us. Eric had very special bonding time with the boogs while I got a nice break and was able to see people I love!

He took off work and I booked the ticket- it was official!

I flew in to Salt Lake City and stayed for 5 full days.
In my trip I stayed with my Sister, Holly and was able to see some very special people.
I went to a play she was in called Pirates of the Carribeaner and she was AWESOME!
I also got to go to and art show at BYU with my Dad and his new wife (whom I met, finally! Great Lady!!) It was breathe taking!
We ate the most delicious ice cream after and enjoyed SNOW falling!
I packed sandals and NO jackets for this trip. Whoops.
It was a nice change of weather that I welcomed though, I run hot, so the snow felt niiice.
Sunday, all the family that was in the area got together and had a big dinner. It was so nice to just relax and laugh with everyone.
Monday Holly and I ate yummy sushi and walked around a beautiful outside mall before caching a movie.
My absolute favorite of the trip was when Holly and I walked around Temple Square and went into the visitor center. The temple is so gorgeous in the spring with fresh smelling tulips and their gorgeous colors. I felt the spirit so strong there.
It looked a Little something like this.. It barely does it justice..



The trip was such a blessing and something I very much needed. I needed to feel the spirit that strong and be around family.

I did miss Eric and Emme so very much though. I have never been away from both of them at the same time before. I wish they could have been there at Temple Square with me. We will make that trip as a family next time, and it will happen.

Eric had an amazing time with Emme and he did such a great job with her. I love my Husband!

I love my little family at home but I'm so glad I got the chance to visit extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment